30.1.09

TROLLING

Patrulhando o blog dealjournal, sobre os bônus bilionários de wall street enquanto a economia mundial ia pro buraco.

I had a so-called “Managed Portfolio” at Merrill Lynch. The so-called “manager” was named Scott MacDonald at Merrill’s Modesto, CA office. He blindly dumped my money with BlackRock and tried repeatedly to get me to move the remainder of my cash into equities at the peak. He and Black Rock lost 40% of my money. I fired them all switched my entire account to Fidelity in December. I’ve made all but 10% back - even in the turbulent environment. The justice is both Merrill and Black Rock have imploded and the dirt that sleuced their clients are out looking for jobs pumping gas. Luv ya guys. If you want to make money - DO NOT give it to an advisor. They don’t know a thing. They’re just puppets and yes-people. Study - pick - and invest yourself.

Comment by Jeff - January 29, 2009 at 6:25 pm

The problem is this: we drank the capitalist kool-aid, and now we’re screwed. We thought we could command high salaries and outsize “bonuses” when in fact we added little value and contributed to the giant house of cards. PowerPoint, management-speak, team players, corporate ambition - all that stuff is so OVER now. I always tell this to my ass-kissing corporate friends: Live by the sword, die by the sword. Just a few months ago, there were thousands of “world killers” at banks and hedge funds who thought all the false profits were real. Where are those idiots now?

Comment by C. Brewster Rhodes, IV - January 29, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Jeff. There is no way you made back all of your money ex-10% since December. Be honest with your comments.

Comment by SR - January 29, 2009 at 7:27 pm

Nenhum comentário: